Sunday, January 11, 2009

Super easy Chicken Pot Pie


Yikes! This was easy. Not only that but pretty much all of it can be substituted, added to, removed.... The whole wheat biscuit top makes this very hearty - but if you don't have whole wheat flour, just use all white flour.

You will need..

Chicken (i used 2 breasts, cubed)
Carrots (2 carrots, halved longways and then sliced)
Peas (1 can)
Potatoes (2 yukon gold's)
Can of Cream of Chicken Soup
Mushrooms (about 10 button)

Cut things up into moderately sized pieces. Put into a casserole dish or otherwise large enough vessel (I used a round deep cake pan). Pour in soup and equal amount of water. Mix it up.

Whip up this biscuit recipe using an extra cup of water and pour the dough over the top, spreading it over the whole dish.

Bake @ 400 for an hour.

TaDa!!!
10 minutes of work - rave family reviews.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Oh man. I made a crazy good chicken pot pie about 6 months ago. I used pie crust for the topping, because I like the flaky topping!

It was full of all sorts of fresh veggies... mushrooms, carrots, peas, celery, onions. Then I used leftover rotisserie chicken I had from Boston Market. I should've used soup for the binder, but I think I used 1/2 a packet of chicken gravy mix, but with the regular amount of liquid.

It made a freaking huge pie and I couldn't eat it all before it had to be thrown away, but it was amaaaaazing.

 
Hit Counters