Friday, January 23, 2009

So Sorry, Cupcake!


A weekend or so ago, my niece and nephew came over to visit. Dan took them to the aquarium in the afternoon, and I had planned to make cupcakes in the evening.


Victoria helped me bake chocolate cupcakes, some with chocolate chips, some with mint chips - yum!

The plan was to make shark cupcakes, from Hello, Cupcake! for Ricky.

Photo from the Hello, Cupcake! Blog
I had asked Victoria's dad before what her favorite animal was - sea turtles! So i had a "brilliant" idea for how to make turtle cupcakes! (Madeline cookies and gumdrops somehow = turtle in my mind)

Well, I'm just going to say that the ideas in Hello, Cupcake! are good, they're cute, they're downright awesome - and they *look* easy.
I should have practiced, or at least played with these before hoping to have kids replicate the fantastic pictures. 


While I was stressed out about how it just wasn't working, Tori reminded me why kids rock - she had a great time! (We all did, how can you not have fun when there's sugar EVERYWHERE?)




BTW, that blue blobcake in the lower right? That's a shark. Yup.

1 comment:

How To Eat A Cupcake said...

Haha I won that book in a contest and gave it to my younger cousin! I knew she'd have way more fun with it than me. ;P

 
Hit Counters